If you want to stream via an external profile over the Internet, the premium version is required to create a second profile.
To access the server from the Internet, the server must be accessible via the Internet. Since IP addresses normally change, you should use a provider for dynamic IP addresses (dyndns.org, twodns.de ...) to access the receiver via a hostname.
The following steps are necessary:
- Create dynamic hostname and enter it in the router so that it is updated (e.g. example.dynvpn.de)
- In the firewall of the router the port of the web interface must be enabled:
- If your receiver can be reached internally under the IP address 192.168.0.20 and https is activated (recommended), then set the firewall release of the router e.g.:
- Incoming port 9981
- to receiver 192.168.0.20 Port 9981
- You can test this now by trying to reach the webinterface via the external address e.g. https://test.dynvpn.de:9981 (here the webinterface should appear)
- Example configuration of the firewall in the Fritzbox:
- Port release active for other applications
- Names TVheadend Release
- Protocol: TCP
- from port: 9981 to port 9981
- to Computer TVheadend
- to port: 9981